Goals & Values
"Empower A Family, Build A Resilient Community"
- Recruit, hire, and train employees and volunteers.
- Mobilize and train Lost Boys and Girls and South Sudanese-Canadians Community Leaders to better manage the social and economic challenges that the communities are facing.
- Build a strong team of Board of Directors, Advisory Board, and Fundraising Committee capable of raising funds necessary to run community and family-enrich programs.
- Explore ways of increasing its membership and well-wishers base in addition to starting and running social enterprise projects to ensure that its programs and projects are sustained.
- LBGMF seeks to reduce social hindrances including systemic discrimination, challenges accessing community resources, mental health/Addiction, domestic violence, and poverty to improve the quality of life among S/Sudanese communities.
- LBGMF seeks to enhance easy integration into the mainstream Canadian society by providing education on how to access community resources, Charter of rights and freedom, Legal system, finance management, job search/resumes prep and empower family and youth by providing enriched programs
- LBGMF seeks to serve all South Sudanese-Canadians who are numbering in tens of thousands across Canada to improve quality of lives and to integrate well.
- Human Dignity
We believe that everyone has the right to an existence worthy of human dignity as a human being.
We are moved by compassion to respond to the plight of the people in our communities and make a difference in their lives.
- Human Rights
We believe that all human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights, as enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and these inalienable human rights should be respected and protected for all.
We believe that it is our responsibility as members of the human family to act in the spirit of brotherhood and extend a helping hand to members of our communities, especially in their greatest time of need, as vulnerable brothers and sisters.
- Unity in Diversity
Our developmental initiatives to the community are for the benefit of all community members, without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion or any other prejudice, considering each other as members of one family in the same community, united together in diversity.
- Mutual Respect
We believe in mutual respect for one another as the basis for harmonious coexistence in the community and that all members of the Community should equally be accorded due respect as human beings, regardless of their plight.
- Peaceful Coexistence
We believe in peaceful coexistence among the members of the community and always advocate for harmonious cohesion because the plight of the nation and the members of the community is mainly a consequence of the prior conflicts in the country.
We believe in teamwork and working together as a team with all community members and implementing partners, to achieve more together, for the collective benefit of all community members.
We are selfless stewards who are fully committed to the cause of spearheading and supporting developmental initiatives for the betterment of the entire community, while diligently managing the organizations resources in a very prudent manner.
- Integrity and Transparency
All our operations and activities are carried out in a transparent manner, with proper accountability and utmost integrity, to uphold and preserve the credibility of the organization and the trust of our partners.